Monday, August 18, 2008

Get me to the church on time













Yesterday as I did my tax-free shopping (this weekend was the tax free holiday in Boston--by the way, this is not a national holiday--only Boston)--I stepped in for a moment of quiet to the Old South Church (across from the Boston Public Library) and the Arlington Street Church across from the Public Garden. Boston has a variety of churches, synagogues, mosques, etc. and while they can never compare to the splendor of the cathedrals I have seen in Europe, they are quite lovely (and sometimes they have free concerts/events). I grew up in New Jersey going to a Jewish temple with 1970's decor: shag carpets and lime green classrooms. Sometimes we baked challah and had festivals with candy apples and games! One of my Hebrew School teachers was named Eliot and he was very handsome and kind. (Go to Trinity Church in Copley Square for the creme de la creme of Boston churches)




















No comments: