Thursday, November 6, 2008

Joy to the World! A New President for the USA!

Barack Obama wins and makes history as the first black president of the United States. What an amazing past couple of days. Teachers Leah, Charlene and I went to the Copley Plaza rally to listen to Obama's acceptance speech, and then on to Buwkowski's for drinks. People were singing, dancing, and cheering in the streets. It was a real celebration of hope and possiblity for the future. I also thinkmany Americans feel excitement that the rest of the world seems to be rejoicing over the result of the election--how nice for the United States to feel welcomed back into the world community after 8 difficult years. (by the way, the batteries in my camera stopped working after only taking a few pictures on Tuesday night--so I will post pictures of election night once I get my hands on Charlene or Leah's pictures)

No comments: