Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back from Vacation

Hello readers. I just returned from a fantastic vacation in Nova Scotia and Bar Harbor, Maine. I loved loved loved Bar Harbor. It's a cutesy touristy town with tasty little restaurants and chocolate shops, and magnificent Acadia National Park at it's doorstep. Every day I went biking, hiking, or kayaking (and often took an evening swim in the hotel pool and whirlpool). In Nova Scotia we stayed at charming little Bed and Breakfasts (and one cheapie motel) and in Bar Harbor we stayed in a lovely hotel right in town on the water. People were very friendly in Bar Harbor and our kayaking guide Ted was mighty cute (we saw bald eagles, seals, star fish, and other wild life as we kayaked over to Rockefeller's private island in Bar Harbor). I highly recommend visiting Bar Harbor if you're looking for a fun time. The town has free shuttle buses that take you all over Acadia National Park. Make sure to pick up delicious sandwiches and cookies at Morning Glory Bakery on Rodick Street for a nice picnic in the park. Or stop at Jordan House in Acadia for traditional tea and popovers with homemade blueberry jam. (by the way, thank you lovely interns for filling in for me while I was gone!! much appreciated). P.S./the bearded sailor on the bottom of the page--my new boyfriend. He's handsome, right?
































2 comments:

Tim W said...

Bar Harbor is such a special place. Your account of the region was excellent. Thank You. Come back again soon.

Boston Life said...

Thank you for your comment Tim. I was joking with people after I returned from vacation that I wanted a job with the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce.