Friday, September 12, 2008

Peggy's Cove

During my vacation, we drove to Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia. Peggy's Cove is a small fishing village with a church (see picture), a school house, a general store, an icecream store, and of course a world famous lighthouse. It's a charming community, even with the masses of tourists. As I was exploring the village I stepped inside the tiny school house, thinking it would be a museum, a room that had gathered dust and hadn't been used in decades. But inside the schoolhouse the community band was practicing for an upcoming concert and the band leader looked up when I entered and said hello. I was surprised, I didn't realize the village is still a functioning community with actual fishermen and artists! I said hello and quickly made my exit.





No comments: