Friday, June 6, 2008

Falafals and Champagne

Our Cooking in English teacher, Stasia, broke her leg several weeks ago. Last night after work I picked up falafals from the Falafal Palace in Central Square (a true palace of cheap but decent falafals) and a bottle of champagne and headed to Stasia's. I walked across the bridge into Boston and down Marlborough Street (one of the most scenic streets in Boston) and to Charles Street in Beacon Hill (she lives seconds from the water--lucky girl). We enjoyed dinner and chat--Stasia looks great--after dinner I ran into her cute neighbor in the hallway as I was getting Stasia's mail and encouraged her to have a cocktail party so I could meet him officially. He could be my future husband. At our next meeting of The Broken Leg Club, Stasia and I plan to cook Japanese food (I've never cooked real, authentic Japanese food so this will be educational). One more exciting fact about going to Stasia's house: anytime I visit Stasia she gives me a bag of goodies to take home. Yesterday she gave me samples of Fresh body lotion and face scrub and mojito flavored gum and some delicious rye bread and other fun surprises. Thank you Stasia for my going away gifts and please get well quickly! Attention Dear Readers (all two of you): I am going on vacation and will return on June 18...so I won't be posting blogs for a couple of weeks. Please stay tuned for future blogs!












No comments: