Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sweet

Hello Everyone. I'm back from vacation and feeling rested and refreshed. While I was away I was diligently researching the important news of Boston. Here's a crucial update: a new cupcake bakery has opened on Mass. Ave. in Boston, called 'Sweet.' Since I am a thorough reporter, I naturally had to taste several cupcakes to see if they were worthy of recommendation. They were fresh and quite good. While I was taking pictures inside the bakery, the owner came up to me and asked what I was up to (maybe he thought I was a reporter for one of the local newspapers). He was extremely nice and we had a wonderful conversation about the fabulousness of everything cupcake (I think his name was Jeff??) and he explained that his wife makes the cupcakes fresh each day and they would be adding new cupcakes in the coming weeks, including Boston Creme Pie and Red Velvet (yum!) If you're not from this country you must know that cupcakes are very trendy right now--the best cupcakes can be found at Magnolia in New York City (made famous by the gals from 'Sex and the City'). There is a park across the street from Magnolia where everyone goes to eat their cupcakes--it's a funny sight to see all these grown New Yorkers eating little pink and yellow cupcakes with complete dedication and joy. Truly and absolutely, cupcakes are the greatest dessert imaginable...a perfect serving size of cake, creamy frosting and childhood memories, what could be better? I haven't tried the new cupcake bakery in the North End yet (Lulu on Hanover Street) but that will be my next sacred pilgrimmage. (Does anybody remember cupcakes that mom would bake inside an icecream cone?? now that is a piece of Americana--I think they were popular at school bake sales)

No comments: