Monday, July 7, 2008

Small Town USA 4th of July Celebration




On Friday I went with a friend (hi Nance!) to Rockport to celebrate the 4th of July. Rockport is a small beach town located an hour North of Boston (you can take the commuter rail from North Station to Rockport). We walked around town, went into all the fun little shops and art galleries--I bought 2 pair of earrings and enough chocolate fudge to last until December (or in my case, until tomorrow), and we had a lovely seafood lunch (I had the lobster roll--very good--my friend had scallops). After lunch we walked along the beach and watched the small town 4th of July parade which seemed to consist of firetruck after firetruck after firetruck...apparently firetrucks are very popular in small town parades. Back in Boston--at 10pm as I was walking across the Charles River into Cambridge and ran into teacher Frances and her adorable boyfriend! (funny coincidence since there were a million people on the bridge) and we watched the fireworks together, which I have to say were spectacular--the crowds were enormous but well-behaved. A nice holiday--I recommend Rockport to all students who want a fun, easy escape from Boston for the day.






































No comments: